Find out how CLS can provide you with the solutions you require.
What is so extraordinary about our Technical Manual process?
We take a multi-disciplinary approach with Subject Matter Expert’s (SMEs) from every publications area who work closely together to create the best possible product.
Our goal is to produce and deliver world-class technical publications - in a cost-effective manner and within our customer’s schedule. How do we accomplish this? Our SMEs are both technical writers and skilled technical authors, who have outstanding mechanical, electronics, and communication skills. They are adept at developing accurate, detailed, and thoroughly validated information to support your products. At CLS, we do everything in-house in order to master your product support needs - inside and out.
- Technical Writing: CLS writers are SMEs and technicians with broad backgrounds that come from serving customers across many industries. We offer expert-level experience with regard to S1000D compliance.
- Project Management: Our experienced and detail-oriented PMs continue to keep our customers informed as they manage progress to ensure we meet expectations.
- Technical Illustrating: Our illustrators work closely with our SMEs, technical writers and your source data to produce hundreds of traditional illustrations and interactive media each year.
- Parts Cataloging and Provisioning: Our parts specialists utilize comprehensive awareness and experience to sort through the sensitivities of model variations, options, and accessories, and use custom software and automation to produce various commercial and military documents.
- Quality Processes: Once Technical Manuals have passed technical verification they are scrutinized by a dedicated quality team to ensure correctness and adherence to applicable standards.
Our Experience Is Incredibly Diverse
We have developed manuals for hundreds of products across a wide range of industries:
- Tactical Vehicles
- Medical Handlers
- Medical Equipment
- Mine Clearing Vehicles
- Satellite Systems
Your completed product can be just a small number of pages or thousands of pages. We have the resources and processes in place to produce and deliver any type of publication required by our customers.
- Service Bulletins
- Wiring Diagram Manuals
- Product Guide
- Illustrated Parts Breakdown (IPB)
- Repair Parts and Special Tools Lists (RPSTLs)
- Work Package IPBs
- ATA Illustrated Parts Catalogs (IPCs)
- Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM)
- S1000D Compliant Technical Publications
- Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM)
- Component Maintenance Manuals (CMM)
- Pilot Operating Handbooks
- Commercial and Military Operation Manuals
- Field and Depot Maintenance Manuals
- System Schematic Manuals
- Temporary Revisions
Types of Technical Manuals
We produce all types of technical manuals and publications. While many of our customers prefer the benefits and functionality of a full Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM), others realize that their budget and the life cycle of a products may not justify the investment. That's why an ETM is a good choice for many applications associated with short life cycle products and legacy data. One size doesn't fit all. We are accomplished listeners, and will work with you to create the best technical manuals for both your current needs and future requirements.
Page-based technical manuals are traditionally printed on paper and bound in a variety of ways. Some legacy manuals may now exist only in paper form; however, most modern page-based manuals are available in PDF and paper formats.
A technical manual made of linear-structured information that uses SGML or XML, yet still resembles paper documents. A linear-structured IETM is most often viewed as an indexed PDF file.
Electronic Scrolling Documents
Electronic scrolling document manuals are page-oriented, live ASCII text with SGML/XML tags. They may use hypertext links to other related areas within the document, and can include multimedia.
Electronically Indexed Images
These electronic documents are page raster images that have been scanned, not live text. They may link from the Table of Contents to specific pages, and are very inexpensive to produce.
Integrated Process IETM
The Integrated Process IETM allows a user to interact with the technical manual, which in turn allows the manual to interact with different processes. These processes may include expert systems, computer-based training modules, interactive schematics, test equipment, prime equipment diagnostics, and intrusive or remote diagnostics.
Hierarchically Structured IETM
IETMS are hierarchically structured manuals and are specifically authored for interactive electronic presentation. They allow for robust cross-referencing between data. IETM data is commonly tagged using SGML or XML and stored in a relational or object-oriented database.